|Purpose: Demonstrate extended lightweight camping skills by participating in Lightweight Camping, Long Distance
Hiking, or Extended Tripping.
1) Complete twelve (12) nights of camping with at least two (2) three night camping experiences. These must provide the opportunity to demonstrate advanced lightweight skills.
2) Demonstrate your ability to plan and prepare nutritious lightweight menus for an extended trip.
3) Demonstrate how to use appropriate lightweight equipment.
4) Demonstrate your ability to pack and carry your equipment.
5) Earn at least two (2) of the following badges: Pioneering, Exploring, Winter Scouting, Water Tripping, or Year Round Camper.
6) Instruct other Scouts or Cubs in lightweight camping skills.
7) Lead a Patrol camp.
8) Demonstrate an understanding of environmental camping concerns.